LDAP, the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, is a mature, flexible, and well supported standards-based mechanism for interacting with directory servers. The HostBill module allows to sell any AD/LDAP-Authenticated service and charge for number of active users in AD/LDAP Group. An AD/LDAP Group can be later used by a client for various purposes, for example to authenticate Remote Desktop service.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate AD / LDAP Provisioning module.
Connecting HostBill with AD / LDAP Provisioning
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select AD / LDAP Provisioning
- Name - Name of this connection
- AD / LDAP Server IP
- Administrator username
- Administrator password
- Base DN
- Tick checkboxes for:
- SSL if SSL should be used for connections
- TLS if TLS should be used for connections
- Do not verify certificate - if your AD/LDAP server uses self-signed SSL certificate
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes