Creating your first Managed DNS package
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select DNS Services
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide its name and Save changes
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select Dyn DNS module and App server created in previous steps.
- You can configure following Managed DNS account settings:
- Template used for new zone creation - under Components→DNS Templates you can create/manage DNS templates that customer can use in this product. You can select template to be used by default when adding new zone using this product.
- Max domains count: determines maximum amount of domains/zones customer can add/create under account using this product
- Setup default SOA record settings for newly created zones:
- Setup SOA email as either registered customer address, or provide your custom email address that should be used for SOA record
- Setup default SOA record TTL
- Define list of nameservers domains under this zone would use. It's crucial to set those if you plan to use Domains: DNS automated zone creation
- Setup client access options:
- Whether customer can only see zone / records, or if customer should also add/edit/remove records
- Setup records that customer is allowed to add
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.
Configuring Client Functions
In Products & Services → Your Order Page → Your Product → Client Functions you can control what features customer will have access to in client portal, by clicking Enable/Disable next to the given option.
Use Edit button to adjust function appearance in the client portal.