Mumble is a free, open source, low latency, high quality voice chat application, primarily intended for gamers. HostBill module was created to enable to sell voice servers and charge per server specific configuration variables, thanks to HostBill flexible product configuration and billing options.
Note: This integration requires Murmur-REST to be installed on your Mumble server: https://github.com/alfg/murmur-rest
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate Mumble module.
Connecting HostBill with Mumble
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select Mumble
- API Port
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes
Adding Mumble Product
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select Other Services
- Enter your orderpage name, select orderpage template. Save Changes
- Add new product in the new orderpage. Provide product name and setup price and then Save Changes.
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select Mumble and App server created in previous steps.
- Provide Configuration attributes (Server configuration variables) that will be assigned to the server automatically by module after account creation.
You can let customer adjust configuration attribute value by clicking "Allow client to adjust during order" - this way you can put limits and additional charges on server configuration variables!
Available Configuration Attributes can be found in https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Murmur.ini#Security_Stuff and are pushed to Murmur from product configuration automatically after server is created.
Sample Attributes that can be used in product configuration (but are not limited to):
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.
Configuring Client Functions
In Products & Services → Your Order Page → Your Product → Client Functions you can control what features customer will have access to in client portal, by clicking Enable/Disable next to the given option.
Use Edit button to adjust function appearance in the client portal.
For Mumble you can enable the following client functions dedicated to this module:
- Server channels - display, add, remove server channels
- Server details - display basic server informations
- Server logs - display recent server logs
- Server users - show current users, add, remove users
As well as number of standard client functions, such as
- Change Billing Cycle
- Change Label
- Change Ownership
- Edit Forms
- Login Details
- Manual Service Renew
- New Direct Link
- Related Services
- Service Auto Renewal