SmarterTools is an information technology management software company that builds applications to help companies communicate, measure, and support their worldwide business operations. This HostBill integration allows you to sell, automatically provision and manage SmarterMail email accounts.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate SmarterMail module.
Connecting HostBill with SmarterMail
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select SmarterMail
- Name - Name of this connection
- Hostname - hostname of your SmarterMail instance
- IP Address - IP if hostname is not present
- Username - your SmarterMail Admin username
- Password - your SmarterMail Admin password
- Secure - tick if your SmarterMail instance have valid ssl certificate
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes
Adding Smartermail product
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select Smartermail
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide its name and save changes
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select SmarterMail module and App server created in previous steps.
- Fill in configuration options for this product:
- Default Folder Path
- IP Address
- Imap Port
- Pop Port
- SMTP Port
- Max Domain Size
- Max Domain Users
- Max Mailbox Size
- Max Recipients
- Max Domain Aliases
- Max Mailing Lists
- Domain Alias Menu
- Content Filtering Menu
- Spam Menu
- Require SMTP Auth
- Lists Menu
- Mailing Lists Username
- Archiving Path
- Archiving of a Domain
- MAPI/EWS Limit
- Active Sync Limit
- Save changes
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.