Softaculous LIcenses module for HostBill is aimed at selling and managing Softaculous licenses at affordable prices with instant license activation. The licenses can be auto-provisioned directly by HostBill using this module & Softaculous NOC API.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate Softaculous NOC module.
Connecting HostBill with Softaculous NOC
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select Softaculous NOC
- Enter details obained from your Softaculous NOC reseller panel:
- Name - Name of this connection
- API Key
- API Password
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes
Adding Softaculous NOC product
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select Other Services
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide its name and save changes
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select Softaculous NOC module and App server created in previous steps.
- Fill in configuration options for this product:
- Server IP - tick "Allow client to adjust during order" next to this option. This will add new form component allowing your client to provide IP address he wish to issue license for.
- The period to renew - select how often license should be renewed from periods ranging from 1 month up to 1 year.
- Server type - select either Dedicated or VPS server type for which you'll be selling license
- E-mail - enter email address authorized to get expiry notifications from Softaculous
- Auto-renew - pick if license should auto-renew at Softaculous. Its advised to set Yes in this option, and have HostBill manage renewals by itself.
- Save changes
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.
Note about email templates
If you wish your automated emails to contain License Key (i.e. in automated "Account Created" email set in Emails tab of Product Configuration) use following email variable in your template:
Configuring Client Functions
In Products & Services → Your Order Page → Your Product → Client Functions you can control what features customer will have access to in client portal, by clicking Enable/Disable next to the given option.
Use Edit button to adjust function appearance in the client portal.
For Softaculous NOC you can enable the following client functions dedicated to this module
- License details - manage licensed IP address, get license activation key
As well as number of standard client functions