FreeRADIUS is the most popular and the most widely deployed open source RADIUS server in the world. Now with HostBill and FreeRadius you can automatically provision user accounts in RADIUS, giving you countless possibilities. With Free Radius being used as authentication server for virtually countless services, FreeRadius module gives you multiple options to expand your business. With this module you can easily Sell VPN accounts, offer and automate VoIP services, automate Proxy provisioning or manage VPN access for your staff.
HostBill connects directly to FreeRADIUS mysql database, so you need to make sure that
- FreeRADIUS have enabled sql support
- SQL server/port on FreeRADIUS server is accessible from your HostBill
- SQL user you will use have enabled remote access from your HostBill server
If you don't have freeRADIUS installed yet you can refer to this short guide: Installing FreeRadius
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate FreeRadius module.
Connecting HostBill with FreeRADIUS
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select FreeRadius
- Name - Name of this connection
- FreeRadius IP
- Database name
- Database user
- Database password
- Database port
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes