Seafile is an enterprise file sync and share platform with high reliability and performance. It is designed as a reliable cloud file storage and collaboration platform. Seafile provides similar feature set to well-known cloud storage software, while it allows users to host the server on their own hardware. HostBill integration enables to sell accounts on your Seafile and charge for storage space. All existing Seafile accounts can be automatically and effortlessly imported into HostBill. The account management is fully automated by HostBill, from creation to termination, including automatic downgrades and upgrades. The module supports HostBill Account Metrics feature, which enables to define alerts and custom actions on certain quota. Clients can easily Single-Sign-On to Seafile UI from HostBill client area, view their login credentials, change password and manage their account.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate Seafile module.
Connecting HostBill with Seafile
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select Seafile
- Name - Name of this connection
- Hostname - Server hostname
- Username - Username for SeaFile panel
- Password - Password for SeaFile panel
- Secure - SSL mode for connections to the server
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes