Hetzner Online is a professional web hosting provider and experienced data center operator. The company provides high-performance hosting products as well as the necessary infrastructure for the efficient operation of websites. With the Hetzner DNS module for HostBill you sell DNS services and charge your customers per DNS Zone or offer free DNS management as an addition to other services you sell. HostBill DNS features allow you to automatically import existing zones to HostBill, import/export DNS templates and manage predefined DNS Templates. HostBill automation takes care of the account lifecycle, from automatically creating the account, managing upgrades and downgrades (with automatically calculated pro-rata etc), to suspension and terminations, which can be performed upon pre-defined conditions. Clients can easily manage their DNS Records and Zones (create, clone DNS records; add, edit, delete DNS entries and more) in their client area. The availability of client functions depends fully on you - client functions can be enabled/disabled in the admin panel, which also gives you control over billing details, account lifecycle and allows to manually manage DNS Zones and records.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate Hetzner DNS module.
Connecting HostBill with Hetzner DNS
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select Hetzner DNS
- Name - Name of this connection
- API Token
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes