PowerDNS REST is a replacement for PowerDNS module that provides the exact same functionality without the need of direct MySQL / ssh access. Instead PowerDNS Rest API is used.
PowerDNS REST module requires:
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal. This module is shipped with regular PowerDNS module.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate PowerDNS REST module.
Connecting HostBill with PowerDNS
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select PowerDNS REST
- Name - the connect name
- Hostname - optional field, if the value is specified in the IP Address field
- IP Address - optional field, if the value is specified in the Hostname field
- API Key
- Port - if a standard 8081 port is used, this field can be left empty
- Zone Type - zone type that this app will allow to add/create
- DNSSEC: Autorectify - if enabled, any DNS change with PowerDNS module will cause zone to be rectified (if DNSSEC for zone is enabled). Requires enabling HostBill Queue module
- DNSSEC: Auto-secure - if enabled, all new zones will automatically be secured with DNSSEC
- Test the connection and save the changes
Adding PowerDNS product
- Go to Settings → Products & Services
- Create a new Order Pages or go to an existing one
- If you create a new Order Page in the Order type field, select DNS Services
- Create a new product and enter the name
- Go to the Connect with App tab and select App and App Connection
- After set up the product, save changes
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.