PowerDNS Slave module allows you to create slave zones only on your PowerDNS installation, either automated (i.e.: using Plesk DNS Helper) or manually by customers in client portal.
Note: This module, unlike regular PowerDNS plugin, uses PowerDNS rest API.
PowerDNS Slave module requires:
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal. This module is shipped with regular PowerDNS module.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate PowerDNS Slave module.
Connecting HostBill with PowerDNS
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select PowerDNS Slave
- Name - name for this connection
- IP Address - IP address or hostname of your PowerDNS instance
- API Key - API key configured in your pdns.conf
Adding PowerDNS Slave product
PowerDNS Slave module allows you to create and sell/offer products where your clients can create DNS Slave zones from HostBill client portal.
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services and Add new order page
- From Order Types select Other Services
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide its name and Save changes
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select PowerDNS Slave module and App server created in previous steps.
- Max zones limit - maximum number of Slave zones customer can create under this package. Ticking "Allow client to adjust during order" automatically creates Form element (slider) for this product.
- Submit changes, your package is ready.
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.
Configuring Client Functions
In Products & Services → Your Order Page → Your Product → Client Functions you can control what features customer will have access to in client portal, by clicking Enable/Disable next to the given option.
Use Edit button to adjust function appearance in the client portal.
For PowerDNS Slave you can enable the following client functions dedicated to this module:
- Add zone - allows client to create new zone
- Manage zones - allows client to list zones. Additionally when editing this client function you can enable client to allow zone removal.
As well as a number of standard client functions