Setting up metered (Resource-based) billing for CloudStack
For metered (hourly) billing to work your Cloudstack needs to have usage server running - learn more
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services, and select your Cloudstack orderpage
- Select product you wish to setup metered billing for
- From Pricing option select Metered
- Setup variables you wish to bill your customer for, according to its usage. Following variables are available to be measured/billed:
- Running VM - total running time of a VM per usage record period. Enter cost of having 1VM working for 1H.
- Allocated VM - total allocated time of a VM per usage record period. Enter cost of having 1VM allocated for 1H.
- Public IP address - public IP address. Enter cost of having 1public IP for 1hour.
- Traffic - total number of GB received+sent. Enter cost of 1GB traffic.
- Volume - total disk volume used per hour. Enter cost of 1GB used per 1Hour.
- Template - total templates size used per hour. Enter cost of 1GB used per 1Hour.
- Snapshot - total snapshot size used per hour. Enter cost of 1GB used per 1Hour.
- Additionally, you can setup billing method per each variable, and pricing slabs/tiers:
Every unit charge is calculated with each measurement based on its own tier.
Use this scheme as tiered, where each expected measurement is low (i.e. hourly bandwidth).
up to 100 - free, everything above 100 - $1/unit. So total of: 102 measured will cost $2
All units charge is calculated based on total count in period and related bracket.
Total cost is calculated based on price bracket, charge is for entire bracket not certain units
- By filling Fixed recurring fee you can setup flat fee that will be added to customer charge, no matter of actual usage