Quickbooks Desktop module for HostBill enables data export from HostBill billing platform to Quickbooks Desktop accounting software. The module allows to seamlessly export existing customers, transactions and issued invoices information and set automation rules to export new customers, new recurring invoices and new transactions into Quickbooks Desktop accounting software.
Installing the QuickBooks Web Connector
The QuickBooks Web Connector is an application that relays data between your website and QuickBooks. You will need to install it on machine that runs QuickBooks desktop application.
Download and install it from here: http://marketplace.intuit.com/webconnector/
Activating the module
- If the plugin is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the plugin is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the plugin extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules, find and activate Qcuikbooks Desktop plugin.
Web Connector application setup
- Click on the 'Download configuration file for QuickBooks Web Connector' link. Save it somewhere on your computer.
- Click on Edit General Settings and create new password for Password field, save your configuration.
- Start QuickBooks, and start the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Within the Web Connector, click the Add Application button. You will be prompted to choose a file. Choose the configuration file you downloaded previously.
- You will be prompted to allow access to QuickBooks. Make sure you choose to allow access!
- Within the QuickBooks Web Connector, enter password created in step 2.
Fill in the configuration fields:
- TaxCode for tax free items
- Tax code for taxed items
- Tick if you want to Add notes to invoices
- Tick if you want to Export invoice items
- Tick if you want to Use Client name as Company name
Setup QuickBooks Item types
- Navigate to Payments → QuickBooks Desktop → Configuration
- Click on Refresh Item List if item list is empty or if your items are not listed for selection.
- Assign which item should be used when exporting invoice data from HostBill.
mcrypt support for php 7.2
Our Quickbooks implementation uses library which relies on mcrypt. If you're using php 7.2 coming from auto-install, refer to this guide: Install mcrypt for php7.2