HostBill gives you the possibility to prevent registration form public sites. The Registration Blacklist plugin blocks attempts to register form defined public sites, which may prevent for example spamming.
Activating the module
- The plugin is free and available to all HostBill users. In order to activate the plugin go to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins → Inactive, find and activate Registration Blacklist plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated you will be directed to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins to configure the module.
Fill in the configuration fields:
- Choose module display name
- Select if you want the plugin to be accessible for all staff members or only selected staff members
Using the module
Once the module is activated you can click on Manage or go to Extras → Plugins → Registration Blacklist to set the rules:
Under blocked email you can add email service provider to the blacklist. Rule formats:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - matching only one email address
- domain.com - matching all emails from a specific domain
- domain - matching all domains containing this string
Under IP blocking tab you can add IP addresses to the blacklist. Rule formats:
- all - keyword matching all IPs
- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - single IP
- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/M - IP with Mask in CIDR format
- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm - IP with Mask in dotted quad format
On block message
In this section you can edit the message that will be displayed on blocked registrations.