The Getaway Fees plugin will help your business to become more cost-effective as it enables you to set and automatically apply additional charges for using certain payment gateway.
Activating the module
- The plugin is free and available to all HostBill users. In order to activate the plugin go to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins → Inactive, find and activate Gateway Fees plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated you will be directed to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins to configure the module.
Fill in the configuration fields:
- Choose module display name
- Select if you want the widget to be accessible for all staff members or only selected staff members
- Choose whether or not you want to Apply tax for the charges
- Enter Disables Groups - comma separated client group IDs that should not have gateway fees added
To further configure the module go to Extras → Plugins → Gateway Charges
Here you can setup custom fees for each gateway activated in your system. The fees can either be a percentage value, calculated from the total price or fixed amount. The fees will be added to the client invoice:
- Percent is added to the invoice based on the total amount of the invoice
- Amount is added to the invoice
Percent = 3%
Amount = $ 0.40 USD
Invoice total = $ 7.00 USD
Final Invoice Total = ( 7.00 * 3% ) + 0.40 = $ 7.61 USD