Password History Policy is free HostBill plugin shipped with every version that can prevent your customers and/or staff members from using n-number of their last password again.
The plugin stores the last customer/admin password hash in database with each change made to it.
Additionally, plugin can enforce customer/staff password change every N-days.
Activating the module
- The plugin is free and available to all HostBill users. In order to activate the plugin go to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins → Inactive, find and activate Password History plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated you will be directed to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins to configure the module.
Fill in the configuration fields:
- Choose module display name
- Select if you want the plugin to be accessible for all staff members or only selected staff members
- Number of passwords to keep: amount of the last customer/admin passwords that the customer is not allowed to reuse.
- Once Enforce regular customer password change option is enabled, you can provide number of days after which customer password should expire in:
- Password should be changed every n days setting for client password change requirement
- Once Enforce regular admin password change option is enabled, you can provide number of days after which admin password should expire in:
- Admin Password should be changed every n days setting for admin password change requirement
If customer attempts to re-use the old profile password, they will be presented with error message: