IPAM (IP Address Management) is designed to organize and track IP addresses in your organization/company/department.
HostBill installation is fully automated and takes just seconds, more info at Installation
Download & install
- After module purchase visit https://hostbillapp.com/clientarea/, log-in and proceed to "Services->HostBill Plugins->IPAM - IP address manager" and from left-hand menu choose Download This Product
- After downloading, unzip archive contents in your main HostBill directory
- Log-in into your HostBill adminarea, proceed to Settings->Modules, locate your newly uploaded module and choose "Activate"
Basic IPAM settings
IPAM comes with easy to understand options, with two major components:
On each IP/list action taken IPAM can notify certain staff members for audit and/or security purposes.
Select staff members you wish to notify under Options->Send emails on IP list updates
Under Options tab you can also find reservation rules option, when enabled it will automatically apply certain rules to IP list on subnet provisioning
When assigning whole IP list this option will automatically reserve IPs based on rules below. You can use 'n' and 'm' variables to define list starting & end points, example:
- 'n+1' will reserve second ip
- 'm' will reserve last ip
Setting up Reverse DNS
IPAM module can work with PowerDNS module, allowing your colocation/dedicated customers to manage their PTR records directly from clientarea.
To enable rDNS management in HostBill
- Go to Settings->Modules and enable PowerDNS module
- Configure connection to your DNS server in Settings->Apps
- Enable Reverse DNS in Product->Client functions for your Colo/Dedi packages
- Visit Extras->IPAM->Reverse DNS
- Under your dedicated servers/colocation products enable Reverse DNS client function in product configuration
- Create general DNS zone for in-addr.arpa or /24 subnet specific (like 3.2.1.in-addr.arpa for 184.108.40.206/24)
- Clients that have packages with IPs assigned in (Account details)->IPAM tab will now be able to manage their rDNS records
- Additionally, anytime you'll edit rDNS column in IPAM plugin, it will send updated record to DNS module
Setting up IP Provisioning
To enable IP Provisioning:
- Visit Settings->Modules and activate IP_Provisioning module
- You will be redirected to Settings->Apps to setup new connection, its for informational purposes, only name is required
- Proceed to Settings->Products & Services, add new Order Page for IP addresses, product type: Other
- Add new product in newly created orderpage
- Under Connect With App tab select IP_Provisioning module
- Setup subnet sizes you wish your client receive after purchasing this package