When enabled, customers will be able to configure email alerts that HostBill can automatically send to them, if one of their Pay-as-you-go service renewal invoice total will hit user-defined threshold.
This way customer can react and trim resources to prevent from unexpected big invoice.
Additionally to customer alerts, Billing Alerts module can automatically issue invoice for customer Metered/Bandwidth-billed service before regular renewal date, if total amount of upcoming invoice reaches certain threshold/amount. This way you can protect yourself with customers consuming a lot of resources and not paying at the end of the month.
Activating the module
- This module is by default included in all new HostBill modules that support Metered or Bandwidth billing (like Onapp, Cloudstack, Observium, Cacti etc). In order to activate the plugin go to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins → Inactive, find and activate Billing alerts plugin.If module is not on your list, upgrade your other modules to latest available versions.
- Once the plugin is activated you will be directed to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins to configure the module.
- Choose module display name
- Select if you want the module to be accessible for all staff members or only selected staff members
Configuring Invoice generation thresholds
- After module activation under Extras → Billing Alerts you can enable/disable invoice generation for all your Metered/Bandwidth billed services in the system.
- Tick Enabled next to service name, and enter Threshold amount - from now on any account with this product will have invoice generated sooner, if total amount hits your threshold.