The ActiveCampaign plugin in HostBill allows you to:
- automatically subscribe new clients to ActiveCampaign
- automatically assign clients to the selected list
- bulk export existing clients to ActiveCampaign
- assign client registration fields values to ActiveCampaign merge fields
For the plugin to work, you must have the HostBill Queue enabled
Activating the module
- If the plugin is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the plugin is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the plugin extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules, find and activate ActiveCampaign Marketing plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated you will be directed to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins to configure the plugin.
Fill in the configuration fields:
- Base URL - Base URL obtained from Active Campaign Marketing panel (Settings → Developer → API Access)
- API Token - API Token obtained from Active Campaign Marketing panel (Settings → Developer → API Access)
- Field for opt-in signup - name of the registration field with checkbox, which allows the user to choose whether they want to subscribe to Active Campaign Marketing (you must create a registration field in HostBill Clients → Registration Fields → Add new field. The Field for opt-in signup should have the value of the variable name from the created field).
- Auto-subscribe new customer signups - all new users will be added to the Active Campaign Marketing
- Auto-remove the customer - remove the Active Campaign Marketing contact along with the HB profile
- Export customer contacts - allows to export contacts
- Auto-assign customer to the list - a list to which all clients will be assigned. The list can be loaded by clicking the Load Lists button. Optional field
Proceed to Extras → Plugins → ActiveCampaign to set merge fields and to be able to manually export clients
You can set up merge fields (you can choose one of the registration fields).
The Bulk Export tab will display a list of users who have not been exported to ActiveCampaign. You can choose which customers you want to export.
You can do mass export of customers to the Mass Export tab. If the Auto-subscribe new customer signups field is selected in the Active Campaign Marketing plugin configuration, then it exports all clients. In case the Auto-subscribe new customer signups field is disabled, then the export of clients will depend on the defined Field for opt-in signup (The customer will be exported if he agreed to it by marking the defined field). You must have the HostBill Queue enabled.
In the Configuration tab you can define to which additional lists the client should be assigned
- If only the language is set in the configuration, the client will be assigned to the list if he uses this language
- If additional products have been set, the customer will be assigned to the list if he uses a specific language and has active service from defined products