OnApp Reseller module is a custom module for your brand to give your clients the tool to resell their cloud space with HostBill. With this module you can introduce cloud reseller program that will help you to drive more sales. The module is based on your cloud only - resellers will not be able to use it on competitors' clouds.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate OnApp Reseller module.
Connecting HostBill with OnApp Reseller
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select OnApp Reseller
- Enter your OnApp credentials
- Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
- Save Changes
How It works
- Create OnApp account for reseller with privileges described below, either using your HostBill or directly in OnApp
- If using HostBill you can create pay-as-you go plan with metered billing implemented in OnApp module, or create fixed-billing plan
- Using your module reseller will provision single VPS machines for their customers using the reseller's HostBill copy, all within resources you've set to the reseller
- If reseller runs out of resources they can purchase them directly from you
OnApp reseller privileges
Reseller user created in OnApp should have default User privileges mentioned here, along with some extra permissions enabled:hypervisor_zones.list,template_sets.read,data_store_zones.list,network_zones.list , View OnApp version.
If you wish to limit any of those zones availability for certain reseller, please provide IDs of zones you wish to offer your resellers to use before creating your module.
I.e.: If you want your resellers and their customers to create VMs on hypervisor zone: "resellers" and "resellers_2" only, email us with hypervisor zone ids: ID1, ID2... (where ID is numeric ID of zone you wish to allow). This applies to each zone/set you wish to limit.