This is the main Fraud Protection module in HostBill. The module creates a first line of defence against fraudulent orders. This module only use data stored by HostBill.
This module requires working cron, removing its tasks from automation task list will disable its features.
Activating the module
The plugin is free and available to all HostBill users. In order to activate the plugin go to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins → Inactive, find and activate HostBill Fraud Protection plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated you will be directed to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins to configure the module.
Fill in the configuration fields:
- Don't verify returning customers → with this option turned on HostBill will check if client has placed any orders before. If there was no fraud, it will skip further checks.
- Reject IPs related with fraud → with this option turned on, orders made from IPs that were previously used to submit fraudulent orders, will also be marked as fraud.
- Use local geolocation to reject country missmatch → with this option on HostBill will check if country of person who placed the order matches their IP geolocation. This will require GeoIP database.
- Block orders from those countries → you can specify a comma separated list of countries from which orders will be automatically marked as fraud.
- Open a ticket after fraud order → if the order has been granted the status of fraud, then a ticket will be sent to the customer with a message prepared by the administrator. If the customer does not answer after the set time, the ticket will be closed and the order will be canceled.
- Department → department that will be used to create the ticket.
- Macro → macro that will be used to create the ticket.
- Auto close ticket → time in hours after which the ticket will be automatically closed.