SIDN, the registry of the .nl domain, is responsible for the functional stability and development of the .nl internet domain. As an independent authority working for and from within the Netherlands, SIDN supports a sustainable and problem-free digital world by providing high-grade, innovative domain registration services. HostBill allows you to automate SIDN.nl domain provisioning and management.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Domain Modules, find and activate SIDN.nl module.
Once you activate the module you will be redirected to module configuration page. To configure the activated module you can also go to Settings → Apps → Add New App.
Fill in the configuration fields:
- OTE Environment - when the checkbox is selected, the test mode is enabled
Optionally if you plan to import domains from SIDN you can also fill:
- Path to domain handles - Path to the CSV file containing the list of domain handles
- Path to domain handles extended - Path to the CSV file containing the list of domain handles with contact details
Use Test Configuration to check if HostBill can connect.
Click on Save Changes.
For the module to work properly, the port 700 should be open in the firewall.
CSV files for Path to domain handles can be downloaded in the SIDN panel under Tools & Reports → DRS-reports.
You can download two types of files:
- domain handles
- domain handles extended
The domain handles file contains a list of domains with their basic information. This file is enough to import domains. The domain handles extended file, in addition to domain information, also contains contact information. If you are importing a client and you have problems downloading contact details, the client data will be taken from this file.
The files have a different structure so it is important to enter the file path in the appropriate field.
Configuring TLD & domain prices
Please see external article to learn how to configure TLDs and domain prices.
Configuring customer domain management features
Please see external article to learn how to configure client domain management features.