Procedure for migrating HostBill enterprise version onto new server / reinstalling enterprise version without data loss.
Before you start:
Make sure you've updated to the latest HostBill version on old location first. If you're unable to update (ie: you need to migrate because you use unsupported PHP version), please use this procedure below and step 11.
1. Old Server: Login to your HostBill server as root. Proceed to HostBill includes directory:
2. Old Server: Check database name to create dump of:
cat config.php | grep db_name
Sample return: >$db_name = '1408513157';
From same file, please copy value of $ccEncryptionHash variable.
3. Old Server: Copy database name, create dump
mysqldump --routines 1408513157 -r /root/hbdump.sql
4. Old Server: If you have some customisations done already or modules uploaded, backup public_html folder
cp includes/config.php includes/config.php.backup
tar -zcvf /root/hostbill.publichtml.tgz --exclude='config.php' .
Note: Consider creating backups of /home/hostbill/attachments and /home/hostbill/downloads folders, if you use support plugin and downloads section in clientarea already
5. Old Server: Store /root/hbdump.sql and /root/hostbill.publichtml.tgz in secure place or upload it to your new HostBill install server
6. New Server: install HostBill enterprise using installation command you have received after purchasing HostBill.
Make sure to start with clean centos install!
7.New Server: On fresh install get new database name:
cat includes/config.php | grep db_name
Sample return: >$db_name = '1408513158';
Edit includes/config.php file, update $ccEncryptionHash variable to value from old server.
8. New Server: Apply sql backup to new database
mysql 1408513158 < /root/hbdump.sql
9. New Server: Apply public_html backup onto fresh install
tar -zxvf /root/hostbill.publichtml.tgz -C /home/hostbill/public_html/
10. New Server: From /home/hostbill/public_html/includes/config.php.backup copy value of $ccEncryptionHash and paste into config.php file:
cat /home/hostbill/public_html/includes/config.php.backup | grep ccEncryptionHash >> /home/hostbill/public_html/includes/config.php
11. Optional, New Server: Use this step only if you were unable to update your HostBill old od server to latest version
- Download latest HostBill version from HostBill licensing portal
- Unzip it somewhere locally on your computer, take entire /install folder and upload it to your new server, /home/hostbill/public_html/ directory
- Visit yournewhostbill.url/install in your browser, and select "Update" option to update database to the latest version (replace yournewhostbill.url with actual installation url of your HostBill copy)
- After successfull update, remove /install folder
- Verify ownership of files in /home/hostbill/public_html, make sure those match owner of /home/hostbill target dir (usually hostbill or hb_XXXXXXX)
- After re-install directory of your HostBill license will change, which will cause license issue. Update license directory in https://clients.hostbillapp.com/ after fresh install