Procedure for migrating HostBill enterprise version onto new server / reinstalling enterprise version without data loss.
1. Login to your HostBill server as root. Proceed to HostBill includes directory:
2. Check database name to create dump of:
Sample return: >$db_name = '1408513157';
From same file, please copy value of $ccEncryptionHash variable.
3. Copy database name, create dump
4. If you have some customizations done already or modules uploaded, backup public_html folder
5. Store /root/hbdump.sql and /root/hostbill.publichtml.tgz in secure place or upload it to your new HostBill install server
6. (Re)install HostBill enterprise using installation command you have received after purchasing HostBill.
Make sure to start with clean centos install!
7. On fresh install get new database name:
Sample return: >$db_name = '1408513158';
Edit includes/config.php file, update $ccEncryptionHash variable to value from old server.
8. Apply sql backup to new database
9. Apply public_html backup onto fresh install
10. From /home/hostbill/public_html/includes/config.php.backup copy value of $ccEncryptionHash and paste into config.php file:
- Verify ownership of files in /home/hostbill/public_html, make sure those match owner of /home/hostbill target dir (usually hostbill or hb_XXXXXXX)
- After re-install directory of your HostBill license will change, which will cause license issue. Update license directory in https://clients.hostbillapp.com/ after fresh install