PowerDNS REST is a replacement for PowerDNS module that provides the exact same functionality without the need of direct MySQL / ssh access. Instead PowerDNS Rest API is used.
PowerDNS REST module requires:
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal. This module is shipped with regular PowerDNS module.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate PowerDNS REST module.
Adding PowerDNS product
- Go to Settings → Products & Services
- Create a new Order Pages or go to an existing one
- If you create a new Order Page in the Order type field, select DNS Services
- Create a new product and enter the name
- Go to the Connect with App tab and select App and App Connection
- Max domains count - the maximum number of domains client can create (after selecting the checkbox, a field will be created in which the customer will be able to select the maximum number of domains when placing the order)
- Use this template with each new zone - select dns template that will be applied to each new zone created under this package (you can define DNS Templates in Components → DNS Templates)
- Record types - record types that client can add in client portal (when the field is empty, all types of records that the module offers will be available)
SOA Settings - settings for the SOA record that will be added after the zone is created
- Nameservers - nameservers that will be added after the zone is created
- Hide billing info from DNS product - when enabled customer will not see related billing info (cycle/price) in service - this is useful if DNS management is part of domain automation
- Hide ability to add new zones manually - when enabled customer will not be able to add/remove zones in client portal - this is useful if DNS management is part of domain automation
- After set up the product, save changes
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.