GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions. GlobalSign SSL module for HostBill is a professional SSL management tool and enables you to download, sell and automatically provision SSL certificates.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate GlobalSign SSL module.
Connecting HostBill with GlobalSign
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select GlobalSign SSL
- Name - Name of this connection
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes
Adding GlobalSign SSL Product
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services, and Add new order page
- Enter your order page Name.
- From Order Types select SSL Certificates.
- Select Cart template and Save Changes.
- Add new product if you do not have one already.
- Setup your Product Name and Price, Save Changes.
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select GlobalSign SSL and app Server created in previous steps.
- Select Globalsign Product Type and setup related setting, Save changes when done.
GlobalSign specific product options:
- Product Type - identifies type certificate product ordered for this service.
- Certificate Type - specify if this is a wildcard or single/multi domain certificate. EV Certificates do not support wildcard option.
- San limit - number of additional domains that clients can include in their order. Not available for wildcard and Alpha SSL certificates.
- You can use Allow client to adjust SAN limit during order option to add a form component that allows you to define pricing for additional domains.
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.
Configuring Client Functions
In Products & Services → Your Order Page → Your Product → Client Functions you can control what features customer will have access to in client portal, by clicking Enable/Disable next to the given option.
Use Edit button to adjust function appearance in the client portal.
For GlobalSign SSL you can enable the following client functions dedicated to this module:
- Certificate setup
As well as number of standard client functions, such as
- Change Billing Cycle
- Change Label
- Change Ownership
- Edit Forms
- Login Details
- Manual Service Renew
- New Direct Link
- Related Services
- Service Auto Renewal
Question: Certificate Setup client function is not visible in client area.
Answer: This option is only available for Pending accounts, when certificate order is created this option is removed from client area. It also may be that your template does not display widgets for Pending accounts, if you are using one of our client area templates make sure that it is updated.