DCI Manager DCImanager is a DCIM and dedicated server provisioning software aimed at managing hundreds of dedicated servers and taking control of the entire data center infrastructure. With DCI Manager DCImanager module for HostBill you can sell dedicated servers and bill for bandwidth or IP usage.
This module supports DCIManager DCImanager server starting with version 6. For DCIManager DCImanager v5 please see DCI Manager DCImanager v2 Dedicated servers
What happens during account provisioning using this module?
When you accept the order or click on create in account our module will:
- create an user in DCImanager
- find a server with no owner
- update server owner and name
- enable sever ports and update their speed
- update server IPs to product limit, this may remove current IP and re-add another.
- start os installation
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate DCI Manager DCImanager v6 module.
Connecting HostBill with DCI Manager
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From the Applications list select DCI Manager DCImanager v6
- Name - Name of this connection
- IP -Your DCI Manager DCImanager server ip address
- Host - Your DCI Manager DCImanager server hostname
- Username - Your DCI Manager DCImanager Username
- Password - Your DCI Manager DCImanager Password
- Port - Port number used by your DCI Manager DCImanager server
- SSL - Check if you want to use secure connection
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes
Adding DCI Manager Dedicated servers Product
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select Dedicated Servers
- Enter your order page name, select the template and Save Changes
- Add a new product to your order page. Provide product name, setup price, Save Changes.
- In the product configuration section proceed to "Connect with App", select "DCI Manager v6" and App server created in previous steps.
- Proceed to configuration wizard and set your package limit.
- Submit changes.
Connect with App configuration
- Select which server configuration you want to provision with this product. It is possible to select multiple options.
Automated provisioning will pick servers that meet the following conditions:
- server configuration is one of the selected values for this option
- server has no owner, diagnostics operation was completed successfully and the last operation had no errors.
- Select a diagnostic template to run on service termination.
- Clear SSD and HDD disks during termination diagnostics
- Quick clear - enable to clear disk while running diagnostics.
- Full clear - enable to fully remove data from disk without chance of recovery.
- When diag is enabled automation will perform server termination in the background, server IPs will be removed and server owner changed after the diagnostics operation is complete.
- If owner is changed manually during this time server termination will abort.
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.
Configuring Email Notifications
In Products & Services → Your Order Page → Your Product → Emails you can control which notifications to send to staff and clients.
For DCI Manager DCImanager v2 you can enable the following notification:
Initial Order - Sent right after a new order, before provisioning
Account created email - Sent after successful service provisioning
Account suspended email - Sent after service suspension
Account unsuspended email - Sent after service unsuspension
Account terminated email - Sent after service termination
Server: Provisioning - Sent when the first OS install operation is started
Server: Ready to use - Sent when the OS install operation is completed without errors
Server: Provisioning failed - Sent when the OS install ends with errors
- Can be enabled for client and administrators
Server: Reinstall started - Sent when the OS install operation is started from the client area
Server: Reinstall success - Sent when the OS install operation started by user is completed without errors
Server: Reinstall failed - Sent when the OS install operation started by user ends with errors
- Can be enabled for client and administrators
Bandwidth: Near Limit - Sent when usage reaches the threshold set in Connect WIth App → Bandwidth Notify
Bandwidth: Over Limit - Sent when usage exceeds the bandwidth limit
Additional Email variables
In email configured in Products & Services → (Your DCI Product) → Emails module exposes following useful variables:
You can also refer to Forms: Accessing Forms elements in email templates for variables defined for your Components:Forms
Configuring Client Functions
In Products & Services → Your Order Page → Your Product → Client Functions you can control what features customer will have access to in client portal, by clicking Enable/Disable next to the given option.
Use Edit button to adjust function appearance in the client portal.
For DCI Manager DCImanager you can enable the following client functions dedicated to this module: