Active Directory / LDAP for clients is additional authentication plugin you can add to your HostBill. It allows your customers & contacts to authenticate in HostBill using their Active Directory / LDAP credentials.
Activating the module
- If the plugin is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the plugin is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the plugin extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules, find and activate Client_Auth_LDAP plugin & client_auth_ldap_server hosting module.
This extension consist of two modules:
1. Hosting: client_auth_ldap_server
Responsible for keeping login credentials to AD/LDAP server in Settings->Apps connections.
2. Plugin: client_auth_ldap
Responsible for handling login/sync logic between HostBill↔AD/LDAP
Module configuration - client_auth_ldap_server
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select AD / LDAP Provisioning
- Name - Name of this connection
- AD / LDAP Server IP
- Administrator username
- Administrator password
- Base DN
- Tick checkboxes for:
- SSL if SSL should be used for connections
- TLS if TLS should be used for connections
- Do not verify certificate - if your AD/LDAP server uses self-signed SSL certificate
- Account prefix
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes
Module configuration - client_auth_ldap
Proceed to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins→LDAP Client Auth→ Edit Configuration
Module provides following configuration options:
- Signup behaviour:
- No provisioning -> New signup of customer/contact in HostBill will NOT create related entry in AD/LDAP
- Provision on clients -> New/updated client & contact data will be published on to related AD/LDAP server.
- Default LDAP App
If Signup behaviour is set to Provision on clients - this app will be used to create client data on LDAP
- Login behaviour - Select source of for authentication data for customer logging into HostBill. Options:
- AD/LDAP only
- AD/LDAP + HostBill failback
- HostBill only
- Import missing contacts
When enabled, contacts of client that exists in LDAP but not in HostBill will be auto-imported into HostBill. Checks for new contact data in LDAP will occur once per hour with cron.
When module is activated, it also adds 3 (admin only) client fields (Clients → Registration fields):
- LDAP Server - allowing to pick which LDAP server stores client details
- LDAP Group - specifies which group in LDAP customer belongs to (useful when one LDAP connection is shared between multiple customers)
- LDAP Auth - overrides "Login behaviour" option per customer
Under Extras->Plugins->LDAP Client Auth module adds additional configuration + quick access to HB<->LDAP synchronization log.
Additional configuration allows you to set mapping between HostBill registration fields & LDAP Attributes