This simple plugin replaces state/province input field with select box containing states for selected country
Activating the module
- The plugin is free and available to all HostBill users. In order to activate the plugin go to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins → Inactive, find and activate State/Province Select plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated you will be directed to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins to configure the module.
Fill in the configuration fields:
- Choose module display name
- Select if you want the plugin to be accessible for all staff members or only selected staff members
Adjusting state names, adding country↔states mapping
To add your own country → states mapping:
- Create new json file in includes/modules/Other/state_province_select directory, ie: new.json
Add your rules as json structure. Use ISO country name as key, sample for Belgium (BE) below:
Note: You can use existing rules as reference, available in file: includes/modules/Other/state_province_select/default.json
Using the module
Once the module is activated, upon selecting one of the supported countries (as listed above), the dropdown menu will display the list of available states/provinces in the relevant section: