DuoSecurity for clients is a plugin that utilizes Duo.com service to provide simple, optional two-factor authentication for your customers via the tool of your choice: phone callback, SMS-delivered one-time passcodes, Duo mobile app to generate one-time passcodes, Duo mobile app for smartphone push authentication or Duo hardware token to generate one-time passcodes.
Activating the module
- If the plugin is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the plugin is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the plugin extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules, find and activate DuoSecurity for client area plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated you will be directed to Settings→ Modules→ Plugins to configure the plugin.
- Choose module display name
- Select if you want the widget to be accessible for all staff members or only selected staff members
- Enter Integration Key
- Enter Secret Key
- Enter API Hostname
- Choose Enrollment Module
- Choose Username type
You will need to set up Web SDK integration in Duo administration interface to obtain Integration Key, Secret Key, and API hostname. Double check your integration while setting it up in HostBill, if you don't provide valid details you may get locked out from your admin area. If that happens your only option is to remove this plugin.