Block Unwanted Visitors with .htaccess
- 10.231. - This is subnet 10.231.0.0/255.255.0.0
- 1.11.22. - This is subnet 10.231.22.0/255.255.255.0
- 188.8.131.52 - unique IP Address
Block Unwanted Visitors with .htaccess using password
- /path/to/htpasswd/file/ has to be a valid path to your .htpasswd file. Use a password encryption program to create your passwords. Paste the lines into your .htpasswd file and save the file. You will have one line for every username that requires access.
- Change "Name of Area" to the name of the site section being protected.