You can find this section in HostBill Admin → Extras → Import Services → Import Products.
To be able to import products you need to first configure a sample product that will act as a “source of data” for all items that import can’t automatically determine, such as automation settings, nameservers etc. Once the first package is configured, you can have HostBill automatically import remaining products from the app server, as well as keep their prices/portfolio in sync.
Add Product Profile
To proceed with products import you need to createan
a product profile. To create a new profile click on "Add product profile". Product profiles are configured according to the following features:
- Name - required name of the profile
- Description - optional description for the profile
- Status - Active / Inactive -
- Select app - choose the server that the prices should be imported from (Please note that not all app servers available in HostBill support this feature)
- Default margin - enter the margin that you want to apply to the imported pricing. The margin can be either a fixed amount or a percentage
- Default product - one of the products that will act as a “source of data” for all items that import can’t automatically determine, such as automation settings, nameservers etc.
Import Products features
Autoupdate TLDs pricing
If enabled, CRON will periodically pull price changes and update related products automatically. Optionally you can use “Update prices with current profile now” button to do so manually at any given time.
Fill missing Products
When selected all new products that are not in your offer will be imported from App. Default product will be used as a template for imported products.
Update missing periods
If the server does not return registration periods that you currently offer, their prices can be auto-updated based on minimal prices.
Override margin / settings per product
The settings configured in the Product Profile can be overriden per product:
- Product - from the dropdown list choose the product you want to override the settings/margin for
- Overwrite protect - when enabled, you prices set for this product in Product Configuration will not be overwritten. If this checkbox is set and the product does not exist in HostBill it will not be imported
- Override margin - when enabled, this particular product will have its own margins, different from profile. The margin can be set either as a fixed amount or a percentage.
Update prices with current profile now
Once you click the 'Update prices with current profile now' button, cron (if enabled) will execute the task and update the prices with the app server:
In the orderpage with the source products will be added missing products, imported from the app server.