- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal. This module is shipped with regular PowerDNS module.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate PowerDNS Slave module.
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select PowerDNS Slave
- Name - name for this connection
- IP Address - IP address or hostname of your PowerDNS instance
- API Key - API key configured in your pdns.conf
Adding PowerDNS Slave product
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services and Add new order page
- From Order Types select Other Services
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide its name and Save changes
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select PowerDNS Slave module and App server created in previous steps.
- Max zones limit - maximum number of Slave zones customer can create under this package. Ticking "Allow client to adjust during order" automatically creates Form element (slider) for this product.
- Submit changes, your package is ready.
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.
- Add zone - allows client to create new zone
- Manage zones - allows client to list zones. Additionally when editing this client function you can enable client to allow zone removal.
As well as a number of standard client functions