SmarterMail (by SmarterTools) is a full-featured email, group chat and team collaboration server that is the perfect alternative to Microsoft Exchange. HostBill integration enables to sell SmarterMail licenses in an automated manner out of the box.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate SmarterMail Licenses module.
Connecting HostBill with SmarterMail
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select SmarterMail Licenses
- Name - Name of this connection
- Authorization email
- Authorization key
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes
Authorization email and authorization email can be obtained from your SmarterTools account. Login to your panel, choose 'Leasing' from the top menu and the authorization details can be found in the Automation API section, as shown below:
Adding SmarterMail Licenses product
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select Other Services
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide its name & Save changes
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select SmarterMail Licenses and app server created in previous steps.
- Select the product
- Submit changes - your package is ready
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.
Configuring Client Functions
In Products & Services → Your Order Page → Your Product → Client Functions you can control what features customer will have access to in client portal, by clicking Enable/Disable next to the given option.
Use Edit button to adjust function appearance in the client portal.
- Change Billing Cycle
- Change Label
- Change Ownership
- Edit Forms
- Login Details
- Manage IP
- Manual Service Renew
- New Direct Link
- Related Services
- Service Auto Renewal
as well as:
- License details