HostBill connects directly to FreeRADIUS mysql database, so you need to make sure that
- FreeRADIUS have enabled sql support
- SQL server/port on FreeRADIUS server is accessible from your HostBill
- SQL user you will use have enabled remote access from your HostBill server
If you dont have freeRADIUS installed yet you can refer to this short guide: Installing FreeRadius
HostBill installation is fully automated and takes just seconds, more info at Installation
Connecting HostBill with FreeRADIUS
- In HostBill go to Settings > Modules, find and activate freeRadius hosting module
- You will be redirected to Settings > Apps to set connection with FreeRADIUS database
- Enter your freeRadius database credentials, use Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
Creating your first FreeRadius-based package
- In HostBill go to Settings > Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select Other type
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide name & Save changes
- From Connect with App section select FreeRadius module & app.
- Under User & Group Tab, select group you wish to assign clients using this package to (HostBill will fetch groups directly from FreeRADIUS).
- Additionally, you can set attributes each user created with this package will have, ie set. Simultaneous-Use:=1 .
If you'd like to enable your clients with ability to change passwords go to Client Functions in your product config, and make sure "Change Password" function is enabled.
Q: What are groups in product config, how to use them?
- Groups are fetched from mysql table radgroupcheck of freeradius mysql database
- if no group is available/selected in product config - user group feature will not be used
- if group is set in configuration - it will be used to add user to radusergroup table
Q: What happens in the freeradius system when a customer is suspended in HostBill?
A: To distinguish suspended user, he is being moved automatically to group "HB-Suspended"
HB-Suspended group is added automatically by HostBill. Its auth-type is set to reject to prevent user from login.