Solus Virtual Manager is a fast and powerful, GUI based VPS management system that supports various types of virtualization. With HostBill you can build your Cloud hosting with security and ease using SolusVM as a foundation for it. Thanks to multiple provisioning methods the module provides multiple possibilities. SolusVM module can be configured to sell and automatically provision VPS hosting, cloud hosting (Virtual Datacenters) or DIY Cloud/VPS packages.
Activating the module
- If the module is included in your HostBill edition you can download it from your client portal.
- If the module is not included in your HostBill edition you can purchase it from our marketplace and then download it from the client area.
- Once you download the module extract it in the main HostBill directory.
- Go to Settings → Modules → Hosting Modules, find and activate SolusVM module.
Connecting HostBill with SolusVM
- Proceed to Settings → Apps → Add new App
- From Applications list select Libre NMSSolusVM
- Name - Name of this connection
- Host/IP Address
- API ID
- API Key
- API Timeout
- User prefix
- Tick if you want to Disable SSL
4. Verify entered credentials by clicking Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
5. Save Changes
Adding SolusVM Product
- In HostBill go to Settings → Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select SolusVM
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide its name and Save changes
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select SolusVM module and App server created in previous steps.
- Proceed to configuration wizard and set your package limit for each step.
- Submit changes, your package is ready.
For more generic product configuration details including price, automation, emails settings refer to Product Configuration article.
Configuring Client Functions
In Products & Services → Your Order Page → Your Product → Client Functions you can control what features customer will have access to in client portal, by clicking Enable/Disable next to the given option.
Use Edit button to adjust function appearance in the client portal.
For SolusVM you can enable the following client functions dedicated to this module:
- Access Control Panel - access SolusVM control panel with one click.
- Allow Server Rebuild - allow clients to access Rebuild section.
- Boot Order - allow clients to change VM boot order.
- Change Password - allow clients to change their root/console/account password.
- Change VM Root Password - allow clients to change their root password.
- Console Access - allow access to serial/vnc console
- HTML5 Serial Console (replaces Java) - replace java console page with html5 console
- Mount ISO - allow clients to mount/unmount ISOs.
- PAE - allow clients to enable/disable PAE option on their VM.
- PXE - allow clients to enable/disable PXE option on their VM.
- TUN/TAP - allow clients to change their manage TUN/TAP options.
As well as number of standard client functions, such as
- Change Billing Cycle
- Change Label
- Change Ownership
- Edit Forms
- Login Details
- Manual Service Renew
- New Direct Link
- Related Services
- Service Auto Renewal
VNC & SSH Console
To be able to use vnc and ssh console from clientarea you will have to download this package and extract it into your HostBill root directory.
Make sure you've also enabled "Client Key Login" option in SolusVM authentication settings